Because the babies don’t leave me much time to clay, I have been working on “quick win” projects like earrings, and completing some of my UFOs (unfinished objects). A while back, I experimented with diy expanding foam as a core for polymer clay. At the time I decided to wait and see if there would be a reaction between the polymer clay and the polyurethane foam – that was now nearly two years ago (:o) and so far all is well.
I call the focal bead “Space Rock Creature”. I used a mix of glass beads, crystals and pearls (faux) to string it, and I found a home for some of the beautiful stone oval beads sent to me in the Bead Soup blog party back in 2012.