This week I made yellow polymer clay focals. I started off making a domed slider pendant that could also be used as a cabochon in a bead embroidery project.
I made a shank button to go with it too. (The wire in the pictures is there to show the position of the hole in the slider pendant.)
Then I remembered I had timed yellow to this time of year so that I could make daffodils :). I decided to sculpt little daffodils, and to protect the tiny petals while the pendant is worn, I reused the mokume gane dome idea and cut a window to show the flowers inside.
Since I had matching beads from an earlier week, and a shank button to use as a closure (made using the clay from the hole of the dome), I couldn’t resist making a necklace.
The back of the pendant also has a mokume gane pattern.
But that’s not all! I also made a tassel pendant using a cylinder bead and some of my rustic sequin beads together with silk yarn, satin ribbon and coloured copper wire.
The last pendant is a work in progress. I still need to clean off the sanding dust and finish the edging. But I thought it was interesting to show the progression of the dome idea.