Tags

, , , , , , ,

This week I made yellow polymer clay beads again. I started off with some macaroni beads with random patches of colour made from leftover mokume gane sheet rolled to the thinnest setting and torn into small pieces. The result reminded me of painting watercolours onto wet paper.

Watercolour macaroni beads by Cate van Alphen

Watercolour macaroni beads by Cate van Alphen

I also made a curved piece that I was going to cut up into smaller beads, but I like it too much as a whole. I think I’ll make it into a torque necklace once I’ve done a bit more sanding and tidied up the ends.

Torque necklace - WIP by Cate van Alphen

Torque necklace – WIP by Cate van Alphen

Then because it was the Easter weekend, I decided I had some time to revisit the retro beads I made earlier in the year. I thought perhaps if I made several all together it would be quicker and more efficient. It wasn’t really 😐

Yellow retro tile beads by Cate van Alphen

Yellow retro tile beads by Cate van Alphen

Almost as soon as I’d made them I wanted to switch some of the colours around. I have an idea about what’s worrying me with these beads and I’ll get back to you as soon as I’ve figured out how to articulate it.

Retro tile beads by Cate van Alphen

Retro tile beads by Cate van Alphen

Advertisements