This week of my Polymer Clay Challenge it’s indigo beads so, technically, here is the bead I made. It’s a bit boring, but there is a little bit more to the story…
I wanted to make some compound beads to go with my compound focal from last week. I started off making a few test beads, which looked perfect for a bracelet. So I whipped up a toggle so I could finish that.
I made compound beads by joining my double-sided disk beads together with liquid polymer clay onto wire. I’m still fascinated by the way the colours hide depending on the angle of the bead. These are now part of a half-made necklace. I need some more spacer beads to finish it, but I haven’t been able to make them yet.
I didn’t think sticking beads together with liquid polymer counted much towards the challenge, and I’d run out of time, but I still had the clay from the hole of the toggle. I pierced a hole and shaped the sides slightly, so I have officially made one bead for the challenge this week!