Tags

, ,

My vessel for this week currently has plaster drying on it as I left it a bit late before starting. I am still finding this challenge to be hugely out of my comfort zone. This week I did manage to make some beads as I find those relaxing, so that’s what I have for my 2016 Polymer Clay Challenge.

Polymer clay components by Cate van Alphen

Polymer clay components by Cate van Alphen

I really enjoyed the shape of the beads I made for my Art Bead Scene earrings, so I made a few more in a succulent blue-green colour. I added a subtle glaucous edging with some blue interference mica powder.

The pendant started off as a way to use up some of the extra glaze from last week’s bowl, and when I got it out of the oven to put the beads in, I thought the greens went well together. So I added an organic, slightly ruffled edging in the same clay as the beads.

Polymer clay beads by Cate van Alphen

I’m planning to make a few more beads, and then I should have enough to make a necklace.

Advertisements