I almost had my 2016 Polymer Clay Challenge piece finished on time this week, but it was sunny yesterday so we went for a walk instead :). This week my vessel is a progression of the lantern I did a few weeks ago. I have used a variation of the solid backing from last week and added a bit of shaping to the filigree snakes.
This time lined the inside of the top of the jar as seeing the thread through the glass really irritates me. It looks a bit chunky as I needed to build up the layers to cover the bumps, but I have an idea to try next time.
There are a few things I’d like to do differently next time, but I think I’m making progress.