This week’s vessel is more of a techniques sampler than a harmonious object. Some of the things I tried have potential and others not so much.
The ruffled neck of the jar is starting to work, but next time I think I need to do that first and then work on the rest of the jar afterwards to get a more harmonious shape. The feet slipped when I put the jar into the oven on so, in addition to its other problems, the jar tilts to the side slightly.
Because I was planning to do the ruffled top, I did the base of the jar first and it doesn’t look right as a whole. I do like the frilly feet, but not on this jar.