Tags

, ,

This week for my Polymer Clay Challenge, I have unmade a vessel. I wrote previously about how I am fascinated with pottery shards, and this week I finally got around to combining them with polymer clay.

I have made a few headpins. These were from a vintage teacup that died of natural causes.

Shard headpins by Cate van Alphen

I textured the backs with a stamp and antiqued them with acrylic paint.

Polymer clay shard pins by Cate van Alphen

I think they are quite successful. The polymer clay seals the razor-sharp edges nicely.

I think I can hear the earring muse calling. 🙂

Save

Advertisements