For this week of my 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge, I made beads using my violet colour palette. I reduced and mirrored my flower cane to form a pattern like you’d find on fabric.
I made fold beads. They are smaller than I’ve made previously because I wanted to keep them under an inch, so they don’t become focals.
I also made some triangular pillow bead headpins. I even sanded the fronts! Unfortunately the sanding rubbed off some of the silver coating on the copper wire, but as long as I add a bead or wrap the top I think they’ll be ok.
Of course I couldn’t decide if the triangles should point up or down, so I made some of each.
The backing colour is the colour I mixed from the cane ends. It’s not strictly in the palette, but I thought it was pretty. It makes me think of lavender soap.